Thursday, March 10, 2011

Organizing Crime

You may have noticed from previous photos that I initially set up the studio with my desk facing the wall. What was I thinking?! So today I did a little space re-org, opening up my vista onto the beautiful stretch of water between me and lower Manhattan, and opening up a whole new wall to hang stuff on (even better!) Set up my new computer, generously donated by my long-time supporter at Murphy Louise Enterprises, and got back into action.

:+) <--(me, now - despite the dreary yet ominous grey clouds over the big island)

I played the numbers game today - that is, I printed off numbers 1-13 (as in "ways of looking at a black sheep") and began assigning them to the various clusters of photos/articles/comics/post-its/etc I've been hanging on the walls. Beginning to identify various themes/stories/concepts that will slowly but surely become the thirteen vignettes of this film. (Hmm, it's so much clearer when you see it.....and mark your calendar for an Open Studio Event on Memorial Day weekend!)

On the way home, I went down the stairs at the subway station just as five police officers carrying automatic rifles and done up to the neck in bullet-proofing came barreling down the opposite stairs. For a split second, I honestly thought they were coming for me. Seriously, as in I sort of subconsciously and instantaneously assessed whether I had just been involved in something criminal. Like guilt by association - with the dead???! Can you surround yourself with criminals - even on paper - without it rubbing off? Guess I'll find out....

No comments:

Post a Comment